Saturday, December 30, 2006

Survival Planning

I'm of the opinion that everyone loses their mind now and then. In fact, wasn't that a quote from a movie? I think it was from the remake of Psycho ("We all go a little mad sometimes"). Anyway, I personally think that one should have some sort of contingency plan. So in that vein, I present to you...

THE USUAL SUSPECT'S STRATEGY FOR SURVIVAL WHEN HE COMPLETELY LOSES HIS SHIT AND GOES BATTY!

Ladies and gentlemen, people have all sorts of different coping mechanisms, some more healthy than others, but here's one that I'd prefer to cling to. You see, in the event that I temporarily "lose my mind" (grown-ups call it 'being stressed out'), I will lock myself in my living quarters, whatever they may be, and watch episode after episode after episode of [Scrubs] until the waves subside.

And on that note...Jenni...I kinda stole Season 2 from you before I got on the plane. That will be all.

2 comments:

jentard said...

i can't believe you! what kind of brother 'steals' his sister's FAVORITE dvd's? gawd!

actually, i didn't even notice they were gone...

BigD said...

Hey Suspect,
When I first started watching Scrubs (Season 1) I really didn't like it. Then somewhere along the way, I started watching again, and I was laughing my butt off. Each season was funnier than the last...and being a nurse put an added layer on the high jinx. I also liked that they had a serious message or two every now and then. You know Mary Poppins had the right idea, "just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down." Have you watched any Scrubs lately? Laughter is the best medicine!