Monday, November 27, 2006

CLS Once Again

Sub par writing. Now you know what to expect.

I'm in combat life saver course again. You know, where medics teach you how to try to save your buddies when they get fucked up. We got to see all sorts of graphic pictures of soldiers and Iraqis that were in pretty bad shape, to say the least. Those types of pictures don't really bother me at all (and yeah, they were pretty damn bad), but I wouldn't want to see any of our guys looking like that.

I call that stating the obvious.

I wonder if any combat medics blog? Those guys have some stories. They see a lot of shit. Kinda glad I'm not one of them. But for some reason I always enjoy being in that class. I don't find it hard to pay attention. And thankfully its dumbed down, Army style.

Oh, and get a load of this. In the class, they give us "book answers" (the answers for the test) and "real answers" (the answers for when shit hits the fan and those bullshit book techniques aren't feasible. I don't feel too "Army Strong" about that, but whatever.

3 comments:

membrain said...

There have been Combat Medic blogs in the past but they've rotated out.

Thers is current on but I think he's overly concerned about OPSEC and he's not a natural writer like you.

http://www.streetdoc.net/

Take care. Hope you don't have to use your Doc training.

Sean from DocintheBox said...

Here's some Army combat medics (not me, I'm a Navy Corpsman)
http://candle_in_the_dark.blogspot.com/
http://sgtdock.blogspot.com/

There are probably more listed at milblogging.com Nice blog.

julie anna said...

Hope you are keeping warm and dry out there. You guys look like you are having a good time.