Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Spokeswoman

For some unknown reason, Ryan gave me access to this blog of his...for some other unknown reason, this makes me nervous. Maybe it's because I see people who've read his previous posts and posted comments, and the fact that people have somehow stumbled across it and choose to read his blog on a regular basis is a little intimidating. I don't want to ruin it, because I think what he's written so far is actually pretty good. Just don't tell him I said that. ;)

I was reading the Sunday comics while I was on break today...I came across this comic strip that I feel couldn't be more fitting. No, for once it wasn't 'Zits' (Ryan was the epitome of Jeremy in high school...), but believe it or not, 'Luann'. Here it is...


While I wouldn't be caught dead in Luann's outfit :), I couldn't help notice the symbolism with the fire truck and the way Luann is looking at her brother in a completely different light. It made me think...

He's no longer my annoying little brother who ripped up my beloved California Raisin cards when I was five, or told on me when I said a bad word. I never realized how close we were until he left. Somewhere he turned into a guy that I'm pretty proud of, even if I do wish he would've joined the 'Chair Force' so I wouldn't worry about him as much. Infantry just sounds scary. But that's his decision, and honestly, I'm kind of in awe that he's willing to do what he feels is right when a lot of people his age are choosing the easy way out.

Anyway, so here's my first post. Hopefully Ryan will be able to send his posts for me to publish while he's gone.

Take care Doughboy...

5 comments:

TheUsualSuspect said...

Wait, it was the other way around. You told on me for swearing, but only after blackmailing me with it for a half year. But yes, I surely did decimate your raisin cards. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Good post, don't be self conscious about writing on here. Half of my old posts are completely idiotic, and I'd delete them, leaving only the half decent posts if I wasn't so lazy.

Thanks for helping out. Enjoy sleeping indoors. =P Love you.

Breezy said...

Sounds like someone is possibly in the field?

Breezy said...

Ooops, guess I should've read the prior posts. Awesome stuff you're doing.

I see your point on some things such as your packing list. I can see your complaints. Just remember, one day you will be giving the redudant training and the worthless packing list. I know, you'll try to avoid it, but higher will require you to. Heck, I think the same thing you do, I still find myself dishing out OPORDS that contain some worthless stuff. *shrugs*

Drive on Soldier. ;)

julie anna said...

Glad to see you posting for your brother. You are, after all, an Infantryman's sister. Your view will be an interesting one. I found a blog written by another sister.
http://www.xanga.com/infantrysister

She's a little on the religious side, but sometimes that's a must for this lifestyle.

Stay safe, Suspect!

Janie said...

Thank you to ALL who are part of Task Force Blaze!