Saturday, August 26, 2006

Military Wives

I was bored, channel surfing the other night when I found ER: Afghanistan on the Discovery-Health Channel. I love medical shows, and this one looked especially interesting. It was a video documentary on soldiers in Afghanistan who've gotten hurt, and how they're treated. Most of the injuries were from IED's (I think that means improvised explosive device, but I'm not sure, so correct me if I'm wrong!!) The hardest part was watching when the Army personnel called their wives and families to tell them something had happened. I have so much respect for not only soldiers, but their families back home. I can't even fathom how hard that must be to always be wondering if everything is okay, and especially to get a phone call that something's happened...But on a lighter note, a friend of mine said more people were killed in Detroit than overseas. I don't know why, but that was a little reassuring...

Anyway, thank you not only soldiers, but wives too... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Your are right--our brave military are awesome! It is terrible when they are injured by the terrorists, and I hope that someday we have a way to prevent all of our military people from getting injured while they preserve our freedoms, or at least get them back to 100% if they are hurt doing their duty.