Friday, November 04, 2005

Very Very Cool

We got there a little too late, so that part of our night is done and over, so now we'll just chill out here in the barracks. Again, I'll tell all of you all about it later on, once I'm a bit more calm and collected. I'm just really glad they came out, and glad I volunteered to go.

I've also never had a poem written about me, atleast not to my knowledge, so this is really cool. Tracy L. O'Very wrote this.

~~Unknown Not Ever Unknown~~ He is an unknown soldier. Unknown to you and me. We know not much about him or his life. We know he marched off, filled with pride. We know he served bravely for you and me. He protected our freedom, protected our lives. He gave his heart, he gave his love for you and me. He is an unknown soldier. Unknown to you and me. He is an unknown soldier. Unknown to you and me. They know all about him and his life. They watched him march off, filled with pride. They know he served bravely for you and me. They gave him their heart, they gave him their love. Unknown not ever unknown to all. He is an unknown soldier. Unknown to you and me. To all the unknown soldiers, their families and their friends, We stand with our pride-filled hearts, and give our love to you. And thank you, For protecting our freedom and protecting our lives. Salute!

Tracey L. O' Very 4/11/05 Copyright 2005 All rights reserved http://www.authorsden.com/traceylovery http://www.authorsden.com/traceylovery1

The spacing got all messed up, but its the idea behind it that matters to me, and not what format blogger.com presents it.

Much love,
RiaN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I stumbled across your site and I throughly enjoyed reading it, see how you've changed so much in so little time. I dare say your cynicism will become more sharp once your boots hit the ground in Iraq. I look forward to following your story. I have some pretty strong opinions of the media and anti-war bullshit blah blah blah, but I'll save all that for later or some other time. I hate the goddamn fucking media with passion. Have you every read justanothersoldier.com? This guy is funnier then shit. He got stripped of his rank and fined for his blog, which is now a book. When are you being deployed for Iraq anyway?

Later,
MJR

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm so Proud of YOU!

All our love for ever and always,
Tracey and the O'Ditz Gang
42xoox(c :) everyday Don't ferget!

Salute!