Thursday, November 10, 2005

Counter Production

The only reason that Iraq is still a hot spot is because those who view us as enemies pass their hatred and bias onto their children. Its always been that way. To seriously win, we have to win over an entire generation. The children of the Iraqis that hate us.

I just pray that Iraq's law enforcement and new military can learn to stand on their own. I'm sick of hearing liberals say anything they want, without knowing anything. If you want to turn on your TV for ten minutes, see something bad, and give yourself another reason to hate Bush and all of us warmongering babykillers, by all means please do. I love talking to anti-war sympathizers. I love their sunshine and farts mentality about everything. Yes, let's TALK to the suicide bombers. That's how we'll get through to them. Maybe we can get A Perfect Circle to release another album of anti-war songs, on the NEXT election day, because it worked so well the first time. For those of you who "oppose the war and the troops", just know that your taxes finance it, and you've already lost. You've served your purpose before your paycheck fell into your hands, so you've purchased your right to whine. I'm not attacking liberal people, please don't think that. I'm vehemently attacking the point of view that some have recently shared with me. I don't claim to be liberal or conservative, or any of that stupid shit. I don't need a label, or a mold to govern how I'm likely to feel about any given situation. Peace isn't possible. People are beautiful and horrible creatures. Look at the picture of Joker, with the peace pin and Born To Kill written on his helmet. A perfect statement about the duality of mankind. Again, I'm not attacking anyone. I AM sharing a strong disagreement with the point of view that we are doing the wrong thing.

Now don't get me wrong. I oppose the war as well. I oppose the insurgents' war on us, and their war on their own people. I oppose their war that they've been living their entire lives. Would I bat an eye if we all pulled out of Iraq today? Nope. Iraq isn't the only country in turmoil. Yes, its a very sad fact of life. But I didn't put on this uniform to be one of Iraq's heroes. I didn't put it on for college money either. I put it on for the people in my country who were already wearing it, and were fighting in conflicts unrelated to them for the most part.

I support our troops. Literally.

3 comments:

Ta'Nish said...

Right on. It's so refreshing to hear such wonderful things from people, especially young people. I worry about our generation sometimes, because we're the ones about to come into power, and your line of thinking isn't exactly common....

Anonymous said...

Hello
I first want to apologize to you again. I was looking at the title of your blog and space ran rampid as usual I'm sorry.(c :)
I really want to Thank You so much for serving your/my/this country with pride and such honor.
I Salute and Thank you with all my heart!
I posted this one in my den, linked to you of course. I love all you have to say, even on your fed up days! Thank you for giving me permission to do so. There are so many that care and admire and just want to hear from Brave and Honorable Men Serving Our Country and the Free World! Thank You! xoox42

themorethingschange... said...

"...I didn't put on this uniform to be one of Iraq's heroes. I didn't put it on for college money either. I put it on for the people in my country who were already wearing it, and were fighting in conflicts unrelated to them for the most part.

I support our troops. Literally."

Man, am I ever GLAD people like you are out there and OUT THERE about it! OK. I had to read that twice and I wrote it. Hope you get it cause I'm feelin too sleepy to rethink it.

Tomorrow you and TS are one day closer to home and my son is one day closer to San Diego. I'll feel a whole lot better when you guys are all there.

~P~