Tuesday, September 20, 2005

And So On

After battling internet problems for a week and a half, I can now give you a minor update, as not really anything is happening.

We've begun work on training that I think is actually necessary, for once. I don't know if I should go into detail about it. Not that it would hurt anything, but I'm sure someone could find a reason to crucify me for mentioning exactly what we're doing, so instead, I'll just be a super-secretive bastard of all bastards. I'm also considering uploading pictures from time to time, but again, we'll see.

CBFTW went through plenty of shit thanks to his chain of command over OPSEC etc, and that sounds like one headache that my underachieving ass doesn't necessarily want in the near future.

Two privates from my company were court martialed last week. Drugs. Now these guys get to spend a month locked up, then when they get out, they're being chaptered out of the army, and they have the rare priveledge of being able to go home and explain to their proud families why they're home a few years early. Its too bad. One of the guys was a dude that I flew in with on our way to Fort Benning to start this whole endeavor of ours, and he's a really cool guy. Some people can't stop to save their souls, I suppose. What are you gonna do though, right?

Our platoon is growing, and our training is picking up, so hopefully that can help to pass the time in this unfamiliar foggy, rainy state that sucks exactly as much as every other state, thus elevating it to a painful norm. Remember to wash behind your ears, and we'll see you next time.

Love,
Denzel Washington

2 comments:

membrain said...

Denzel Washington: Training Day. Love that movie. Speaking of CBFTW, I got an e-mail from him last week. He's actually going back and reading all of the e-mails he recieved while he was in Iraq and taking the time to thank them. What a cool guy. I mentioned it on my blog and the next thing I know a guy from his publisher (Putnam)offered to send me an advanced copy of his book. I should get it next week. Can't wait. Take care.

themorethingschange... said...

"... Now these guys get to spend a month locked up, then when they get out, they're being chaptered out of the army, and they have the rare priveledge of being able to go home and explain to their proud families why they're home a few years early."

And they may have learned by now there's a code attached to their discharge papers that prospective employers aren't happy to see.